Wednesday, January 30, 2008

the waiting is going to kill me

When we started all of this I thought, no problem I'm a pro at waiting, it won't be bad. Yeah right! I admit it, I was wrong. I keep hearing "it won't take long", "it'll be here before you know it", " nine to tweleve months isn't bad", well it may not seem like a long time to others but it's going to be an eternity for me. What the heck am I supposed to do to pass time? How many blankets can I knit for goodness sake? I can't shop for things like clothes, it's a bit early for a crib and when we do get a crib then I have to stare at it everyday... empty.


We were supposed to have our first training seminar last night, well that got cancelled due to the wonderful blizzard like conditions. Gotta love Michigan. I was hoping to meet other couples I can talk to to help pass time or at least get some ideas, but that too is going to be more waiting. The seminar that was cancelled will be rescheduled, but who knows whe that'll be. There is another one in March so for now I'll keep looking forward to that one.

1 comment:

M and M: said...

Jami - so sorry that the seminar got cancelled. Stupid blizzard! I hope you get into the next one in March. Passing time is hard. I know that all too well. Hang in there the best that you can.
- Megs